Vital MTB’s 17 Questions – Matt Hunter
Freeride MTB legend, Matt Hunter, takes a break from scouring remote parts of the globe on his mountain bike to answer the dreaded 17. “I thought this would be easier.”
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stressed are you when your boy tries something potentially risky on his bike?
2. How old is he now?
3. What’s the secret to getting a kid stoked on bikes?
4. When was the last time you were in a helicopter taking you to the top of a mountain? Elaborate on the trip.
5. Why did you only want to do 14 questions instead of 17?
6. What’s the general response when you produce e-bike content? Are people dicks or are they cool?
7. Are you forced to ride e-bikes by Specialized?
8. What are your thoughts on riding and making videos or photos now compared to say, 10 years ago?
9. Do you long for the good old days?
10. Personally, what do you feel like is your greatest MTB accomplishment, regardless of views, reach etc?
11. Have you ever actually been mad? If you say yes, we don’t believe it, so go in to detail about this impossible event.
12. What was your first mountain bike?
13. If you could have one bike for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
14. How’s Hunter Honey and the whole agrarian / self-sustaining part of life going? You’re not messing around with some of your adventures lately!
15. This is question 15, so hopefully you’re down to answer it. If bikes weren’t introduced to your life, what do you think you’d be doing right now?
16. Pick one and explain why: Bow Hunting or Cliff Hucking?
17. Wouldn’t you rather be bow hunting or cliff hucking instead of answering these dumb questions?